5 Fantastic Travel Experiences
1. Hot Air BalloonA trip in a hot air balloon might sound somewhat cliched, or to others terrifying, but this exhilarating experience not only gives you a fresh perspective on your surroundings, it also gives you time to think and absorb your time abroad. There are many great places across the world to hire a hot air balloon, but one of the best has to be Cappadocia, Turkey. Here you can rise above the majestic "fairy chimneys" and arid landscape, and enjoy breakfast with a bottle of champagne.
2. Race Car DrivingFew of us get the opportunity to drive some of the world's most expensive and fastest cars. But there are some great opportunities out there to experience life behind the wheel like never before. Supercars like Lamborghinis and Aston Martins might usually be reserved for the super rich, but at locations such as Carver Mod, Mintex, and Aldershot, you can have the driving experience of a lifetime.
3. Learning to FlyFor a long time one of man's greatest dreams was to discover flight. Today that dream is within reach. You too can learn to fly and feel the thrill of taking the controls of one of civilizations most unique and important inventions. Whether you're in Australia, North America, or the UK, a flying lesson with a certified pilot instructor will give you the chance to see the world through a whole new perspective.
4. Scuba DivingWhile seeing the world from above is a breath-taking adventure, venturing beneath the seas can be an equally stunning experience. Scuba diving has become increasingly popular, and there are plenty of sites throughout the world where you can come face to face with a whole variety of sea life. See sharks and puffer fish with your own eyes at famed sites like the Great Barrier Reef.
5. Learning to SailWhile it might not seem as thrilling as some of the other listed experiences, sailing provides a traveller with a sense of autonomy and adventure that has to be experienced to be understood. Learning to sail and taking control of your own ship can lead to inspiring and exciting adventures. But even just heading off to sea on a hired sail-boat with a group of friends offers a type of tranquil isolation that you've never before felt.
Whether you're the type of person who goes in search of life-altering experiences or waits for them to come to you, these five great activities will send you searching for more.
Have a comment to share? Like us on Facebook - OffbeatTravelCom and post your comment.
October 27th, 2015